10. No Because drinking can bring back memories of bad experiences, especially if they involved alcohol.
9. No because drinking can keep our anti-depressant or anti-anxiety meds from working.
8. No because drinking increases our chances of having an accident or doing something stupid – things which will only make us more down.
7. No because drinking makes us more likely to abuse other stuff.
6. No because drinking may numb our emotional pain right now, but it will be there waiting for us when we sober up… only worse.
5. Over time, drinking can drive away the people who love us, the very people whose support we need.
4. Alcohol is a depressant. It may numb us, but we are actually more down, not up.
3. No because drinking messes with our sleep, which we need to deal with being down.
2. Alcohol interferes with memory and learning, making it harder to deal with what is getting us down and get past it.
1. Chances are, if we’re really honest with ourselves, drinking is the real problem. Stop drinking, and the other problems become easier to deal with, or even go away on their own.
If alcohol made you happy
if it cured boredom
if it solved your relationship issues
If it gave more then it takes
Would you be reading this?
So if you’re thinking about drinking but know that’s not the best idea come Talk to Us.
Learn More Here
This “Top Ten Post” was shared to the Boozemusings Community by @Ira from HSM. Thank you Ira for helping me smile through my first sober year. A little bit of humor and common sense is always a great idea !