A AF top ten list
10. My problems aren’t any bigger or more painful. In fact, just the opposite.
9. My check liver light went out.
8. I can go to sleep without a drink.
7. Cinco de Mayo is so totally not an important holiday.
6. I can remember all the words to “Chances Are” by Johnny Mathis.
5. My little voice can actually suggest good things to do.
4. If you ask me why I’m not drinking over and over, I’m perfectly fine with lying to your face.
3. I can thread a needle.
2. I love everybody more than I thought I could. My wife and family, folks at work, and my friends.
1. Life is great!
If you’re drinking too much too often come Talk to Us.
Alcohol is the only drug that people question you for not using but you don’t have to drink.
Don’t stay trapped because the stigma of alcohol free seems worse than the cost of drinking to much.
Anonymous, independent, free community support.
This top ten list came from a man who I’ll call Ted. My friend Ted is a husband, father, grandfather and hard working professional who is fighting off the” little voice” in his head that loves whiskey. Ted often simply posts top ten lists, that always hit the nail on the head. Sometimes these lists are serious and informative and sometimes very funny, but I know that I would not have gotten through my first alcohol free year with style and a smile if it weren’t for Ted.
When Ted and I parted ways he said that I could publish his posts far and wide on behalf of the Boozemusings Community .
And so I will.
Thank you Ted !