10, Raise the “barrier” to drinking. Don’t keep alcohol at home. Don’t carry enough cash to buy booze.
9. Don’t skip meals. Eating healthy 3-4 times a day reduces alcohol cravings.
8. Act like you are in charge. Don’t think or talk like a victim, someone who can’t stop drinking. Actually, alcohol is powerless – unless you lift the glass, it can do nothing.
7. If you slip, get up again. The only real failure is not getting up again. Don’t give yourself “permission” to slip up, but understand that slips are normal, and that they can be overcome.
6. Exercise. Exercise improves your mood, attitude, and self image as well as your body, and reduces urges to drink.
5. Keep a mental list of the heartache and sadness drinking has caused in your life. Not to beat yourself with, but to motivate you to keep moving forward.
4. Hold down the amount of sugar you eat. Sugar cravings often lead to alcohol cravings.
3. Drink water. It’s really good folks!
2. Count your blessings. Life’s a blast, if only you know it.
1. Let the better you come out. Every human being is unique and wonderful. Alcohol keeps us, and others, from the joy of knowing the real, whole us.
Best wishes to all for a great AF weekend.
If you’re Drinking too much too often
Rethink the Drink.
Supportive, diverse, community, based on mutual respect and independent thought, open to anyone hoping to stop drinking or just slow down. Alcohol is the only addictive drug that people question you for NOT using.
The spirit is not in the bottle.
It’s in you !
Come Join Us for 100 Days of Change.
Maybe you’re ready to stop drinking and that will be the daily goal you’ll set. Maybe you’re not ready yet but want to read and write and share your thoughts for 100 days of preparation .
Private, anonymous, and away from the busy commercial noise of social media.
Talk to Us
Open Your Mind to the Possibilities
This “Top Ten Reasons Post” was shared to the Boozemusings Community by @Ira from HSM. Thank you Ira for helping me smile through my first sober year. A little bit of humor is always a great idea !