Read more: Perspective from Four Years Alcohol-Free
Four years ago today, after waking up with what felt like the worst hangover of my life, I promised myself that I would give up alcohol. I’d known my drinking was a problem for at least ten years before that morning, but until then, despite my many failures to do so, I believed I could…
Read more: Join Us in Discussing The Biology of Desire by Marc Lewis
When I read Marc Lewis’s book The Biology of Desire in 2015, I recognized my own story of recovery from addiction. In the eight years that have followed since my first reading, I have not seen my experience of recovery reflected more clearly than in this quote from his groundbreaking book. The facility for viewing…
Read more: 30 Days Sober – Watching my 6 and Protecting my Quit!
When we check our 6 in recovery, the enemy is coming from within. It could be our childhood sneaking up on us to say we’re unworthy after a disappointment. It may be the lifestyle we were sold as rich and sophisticated when it’s our turn to celebrate. It could be a loss or serious hurt…
Read more: Online Community Support to Stop Drinking – BOOM!
The people on BOOM are amazing…honest, open, respectful, supportive. I would not have made it this far without them. I was hesitant to send that initial email asking to join as I felt so vulnerable, alone and afraid to share. Thank God I did! No matter where you are in your journey, BOOM is here to support you. This…
Read more: How I learned to Fly
The Best Way to Stop Drinking and Stay Sober? Your Way! NEVER QUIT TRYING TO QUIT! I have had years of day ones. Hell, I’ve had years of day halves, where I’d wake up in the morning with my new quit date, only to be drinking that same afternoon!! I slammed the door shut this…
Read more: 30 Days Sober? Yes You Can !
If you are new to trying life alcohol-free, I hope this package of posts may help encourage you to stick with it through those difficult early days. It’s true that the beginning can feel rough but the beginning is also the stuff of miracles, of subtle and massive shifts, of learning and growing and questioning-…
Read more: A New Perspective on Alcohol Use and Abuse
The shame is built into the conversation about this “disease of alcoholism” in our culture. We need to take a fresh look at alcoholism, alcohol use disorder, addiction, and recovery.
The Boozemusings Community Blog is written by a diverse group. We are current and former members of the BOOM Rethink the Drink community where we also blog privately, in an anonymous, supportive forum. Find us HERE for connection and support when you need it.
- Tool Kit
- How is Your Relationship With Alcohol?
- Are You Sober Curious ?
- How to Stop Drinking
- A Family History of Addiction
- Alcohol the Seductive Beast that Kills
- Alcohol, Brain Chemistry, Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity
- Emotional Sobriety
- Staying Sober
- Sober Milestones
- An Alternative to Alcoholics Anonymous and Traditional Recovery
- Debunking the Glamour of Mommy’s Wine Time
Authors and Categories
- Boozemusings is a lifestyle blog and the BOOM Community is a peer support group. We are NOT trained addiction counselors but simply a community of people who have overcome or are overcoming alcohol issues. We do not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, nor does anything on this website create a physician/patient relationship. If you require medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, please consult your physician.