Your cart is currently empty!
Why I Don’t Drink …
I’m the one at the bar nervously looking around if the server isn’t there right away to offer me my first drink or a refill.
I’m the one who will have a glass before I go out to eat and drink.
I’m the one who’s glass is always empty before everyone else’s.
I’m the one who will swig the last bit of my partner’s unfinished glass as we leave the table so it doesn’t go to waste.
I’m the one who will go home after dinner and crack another bottle.
I’m the one who will rarely re-cork a bottle.
And if I do, it’s only got about a couple inches left at the bottom and I did it to proclaim the next day that I have self-control.
I’m the one who exceeds the recommended weekly alcohol intake in a day.
So when that Little Voice/Devil on my shoulder comes to call I’ll just remember these ten things:
- 10. The drink is never as good as that Little Voice said it would be.
- 9. I can’t let that Little Voice linger; Can’t give him the hospitality of my mind and heart.
- 8. Giving in to that Little Voice is a letdown; I’ll always feel puny afterwards.
- 7. That voice is another name for negative self-talk.
- 6. What has that Little Voice ever done for me?
- 5. Nothing personal Little Voice , but you sound awfully like that snake in the Garden of Eden.
- 4. I can never really get rid of LV, but I can replace him with better voices and thoughts.
- 3. Dealing with that nagging voice is like riding a bicycle across a dirt road with ruts; I have to keep my hands firmly on the handlebars and force the bike to keep going the right way.
- 2. LV may leave me alone… for a while, but he is always looking for an opening.
- 1. Sorry Little Voice , nothing bad that might happen to me is fixed with a drink, and nothing good that happens to me is made better by a drink.
So I’m Fighting the Wine Witch:
I – Ignite
I – Insidious
H- Health problems
And I will win !
If you’re drinking too much too often and want to stop or slow down, come talk to us.
Alcohol is the only drug that people question you for NOT using but you don’t HAVE to drink. Don’t stay trapped because the stigma of not drinking seems worse than the cost of drinking too much.
You can read more about us Here
Download the Mighty Networks app here for easy access and search BOOM Rethink the Drink
Related Posts from the Boozemusings Community Blog :
Guide to your First Month of Sobriety : Why and How to Quit
How to Quiet that Thirsty Little Voice in Your Head-
Top Ten Random Tips on having a Great Alcohol-Free Weekend
Related posts from Inside the BOOM Community :